If you stumbled across this page it is because you are interested in joining the team at City Church Academy. Here you will find any open positions and a description of what we are looking for. There is a button that will link you to an application. Our school is growing quickly and we are looking to add high capacity leaders to our team. Most of our basic school information can be found here on our website.
See what God can do through you as a part of the passionate, loving, healthy, family of City Church Academy!
Apply to join our team of world changers today!
At City Church Academy
• Are faith-based
• Provide a loving, caring, and safe environment
• Provide a foundation for life-long learning
• Enable children to consciously choose their behavioral responses
Qualified candidates will have:
• A passion for working with children
• A love for Jesus
• A desire to grow with a developing elementary school program
• Experience teaching elementary-age children (primary and/or intermediate experience preferred)
• Ability to incorporate art and music into all other basic subjects (reading, math, writing, science, &; social studies)
• Higher education degree in teaching (bachelor's, master's, or higher)
• Florida DOE Elementary Education Teaching Certificate.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
Responsibilities and Duties
• Prepare in advance for each lesson of the day.
• Establish learning expectations for all students.
• Evaluate pupils’ progress and keeps up to date records of pupils’ achievements.
• Apply contemporary principles of learning theory and teaching methodology.
• Integrate art, music, and movement into lessons for all subjects.
• Exhibit willingness to participate in the development and implementation of new ideas and teaching techniques.
• Implement multiple teaching methods to ensure that every child learns in their best way.
• Establish and maintain reasonable rules of conduct for the classroom consistent with the Family Success Plan.
• Provide a nurturing environment that allows students to learn without judgement.
• Initiate appropriate conferences with parents, administrators, and/or ancillary personnel.
• Communicate the academic progress, attendance and conduct of students to their parents regularly.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Elementary classroom experience a must
• Teaching certificate
• Required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Extensive knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices in elementary education
• Ability to develop rapport with children, parents, and co-workers
• Strong leadership qualities and skills
• Ability to develop a high-quality, age appropriate curriculum to successfully engage children and foster physical, emotional, cognitive and social development
• Strong group management skills with children
• Effective organizational and planning skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to conform to an established work schedule
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner
• Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely
• Ability to exercise tact, discretion and confidentiality
• Ability to teach a Bible lesson with understanding of child-level Christian teachings
If interested, please contact City Church Academy @ 407-321-9690 or by clicking below. Please attach resumes, send to [email protected], or bring to our school location.